Change CCLE Profile Information
Change the way your name displays in CCLE
You cannot change your name as it appears in CCLE by editing your CCLE profile. CCLE obtains the student's names from information recorded at the Registrar's Office.
Change your preferred name of record
Follow these steps to edit your preferred name of record through MyUCLA.
- Login to MyUCLA
- Click on the"Settings" drop-down menu, and select "Preferred name"
- A new screen will open.
- Read the instructions provided.
- Choose "Yes, Start Request" to begin your change of preferred name of record.
Change your email address
Adding a photo to your CCLE profile
- Login to CCLE
- Top right, Drop-down arrow, Preferences, see screen shot
- A new screen will open.
- Preferences => User account => Edit profile, see screen shot
- In the Edit profile scroll down the page and open User picture, then add a photo .jpg or .png file (sized 100 × 100 )and a Description (optional)
- At the bottom of the page click on Update profile, button
- Review the change by refreshing your browser.
Advanced Troubleshooting and Notes
Places to check that a name change was actually changed. Some of this can only be accessed by the student. It may be a good idea to have the student email you a screen shot showing that each has been completed correctly.
- directory.ucla.edu [Middle name, 11/4/2019, only Middle initial is allowed.]
- Middle name should display in CCLE, See Jira CCLE-5192, 1/30/2020
- my.ucla.edu and search for Legal Name Change
- accounts.iam.ucla.edu and https://www.it.ucla.edu/iamucla/iam-details
- Zoom, the controlling email for a UCLA Zoom account is the one listed as Official Email Address at accounts.iam.ucla.edu, 4/14/2020
- HR database for current UCLA employees that are also a UCLA student
- HR database for former UCLA employees that are now a UCLA student (after you have gathered all of the above, you may need to contact the IT Services, IAM team for former UCLA employees, ask the CCLE Home group for the contact information)
- From the CCLE Home group, get the URL of the shib_test and have the student run that and then copy that information and email it to you. That email can be forwarded onto the CCLE Home group for further troubleshooting.
- As is indicated at the top of this page, a manual edit of the name in CCLE Profile will only result in an overwrite, sometimes this may take a few days, but the automated overwrite will happen.
- Some automated process will run immediately. Other automated process may take a few days, or longer, to run.
- The Scheduler at the Department, makes course entries to the Registrar system, only enters the UID, not any email, only UID, email is derived. (April 1, 2020)
- If you find that directory.ucla.edu is correct and that accounts.iam.ucla.edu is incorrect, and you waited a few days, then take screen shots of both into a composite. This will need sent to the CCLE Home group who will contact the IAM UCLA Team to ask for a fix. Once a fix has been done, expect it to take two days, maybe three days, to show in CCLE. (4/8/2020)