Adding the Random glossary entry block to your course
Nota bene: This block should be used only if you have already created a Glossary for your course.
- Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Locate the “Add a block” and click on the drop down.
- Select "Random glossary entry."
Using the Random glossary entry block
- In the Random glossary entry block, click the "Configuration" hand icon. This will take you to a page called "Configuring a Random glossary entry block."
- Select which glossary you would like to display and how the entries are chosen.
- Click "Save changes."
Students will be able to see this block on your class site.
"Add your own quotes" option
- Students will be able to add quotes (new entries to the glossary) from the glossary block.
- You can turn off this option by clicking the "Configuration" hand icon.
"More quotes" option
- Clicking "More quotes" in the glossary block will take you to the glossary page itself.